04 November 2010
WHAT'S ON AROUND MDINA, GETTING AROUND
PLACES OF INTEREST IN MDINA, RABAT AND SURROUNDING AREAS
St Paul’s Cathedral
National Museum of Natural History
Palazzo Falson (Norman House)
Museum of Roman Antiques
St Paul’s Catacombs
St Paul’s Grotto
St Agatha’s Catacombs
Views from the Mdina Bastions
Ta’ Qali Crafts Village
Buskett Gardens & Verdala Palace
The old capital is a typical medieval town perched on a rocky hilltop in the centre of the island. ‘The Silent City’, as it is still known, commands a magnificent bird’s eye view of the island and although it is populated, retains a romantic aura quite unlike any other
* Easily accessible by local bus.
More bus routes see www.atp.com.mt
* Malta International Airport is 8km away and a limousine service can be booked from the Hotel.
* Valletta, the capital, is about 15 minutes drive from Mdina.
* Large car parks around the 3 gates of Mdina accommodate many cars daily.
* Once in Mdina the best way to travel is on foot or of course by our typical horse drawn carriages – ‘karrozzin’.